283pp | ISBN 978-1-77140-193-7
$29.95 $24.95 £15.95
Categories: Bidding | Intermediate | Advanced | Honors eBooks | Honors Books
When the opponents open one notrump, you are faced with a dilemma. Versus a strong notrump, the opponents have the power; versus a weak notrump, they force you or your partner to compete at the two-level. This second edition adds Part 5: Comparison with Other Conventions and a new section, Criteria for an Overcall.
Multi-Landy comprises four components:
• Multi. 2D shows a 6-card or longer major.
• Landy. 2C shows both majors.
• Cappelletti. 2H or 2S shows a 5-card major and a 4-card minor.
• Woolsey Double. Shows either a 6-card minor or a 5-card minor with a 4-card major or a strong hand.
Key advantages are:
• Can be used against all opening one notrump HCP ranges.
• All hand types can be shown: a long major, majors, major-minor 2-suiters with defined length, a long minor and strong hands.
• Advancer has a defined set of responses.
The tactics in this book evolved from analysis of thousands of computer-generated deals to determine the statistics of successful overcalls. Using these recommendations, you can effectively compete for part-scores, bid your games and occasionally slams.
DAVID OAKLEY is a retired electronics engineer, who learned to play bridge as a teenager in England. He and his wife, Pauline, immigrated to the USA in 1966, eventually settling in Southern California. He has played Multi-Landy with several partners since 1998.
A book worthy of study by serious players. You may or may not end up being convinced to play Multi-Landy, but either way you will have been provoked into some serious thinking about defending against 1NT, and that can only be good for your game.
— A New Bridge Magazine Date: 2019-04-10