WHAT YOU WILL LEARN FROM THIS BOOK:
- Which conventions are more useful than others
- When to use point count and when to use loser count
- The opening bid rule of 22
- When to overcall and when to pass
- How to be bold when balancing
- Rules for jump bids in your suit
- Types of doubles and when to stand for partners’ double
- Converting from Standard American to 2/1 system
- Slam bidding; when to ask for controls and when to cue bid
- Defenses against NT openings; when to bid and when to pass.
FRED PARKER was born in Hungary. He survived the Nazis, escaped from the communists and made a career in the United States as an executive in Hi-Tech electronics manufacturing. His lifelong interest in bridge led him to his second career as a bridge writer and player.